News: CPSFC Reopening Guidelines
|10/14/2020 12:00:00 AM
Based on the best available guidance from USA Hockey, VSAHA, and guidelines from State of Vermont, Collins Perley Sports and Fitness Center (CPSFC) have implemented safety protocols to adhere with all the mandated guidelines while supporting a hockey season. The safety of our players, coaches, parents and the community are at the forefront of these protocols.
CPSFC Reopening Guidelines Updated 10/15/2020
This is a living document and is subject to change.
- The only two entry points for hockey members will be at the southwest and northwest corners of the ice rink in the rear of the building. When entering the building EVERYONE will be required to wear a mask. The complex will have designated areas that will adhere with current social distancing guidelines for the children to prepare themselves to get on the ice. The children and coaches will be required to wear masks the entire time they are in the rink, including while playing.
- CPSFC ask that all the children arrive mostly dressed in their equipment to mitigate the amount of time they spend in the rink. Children and coaches will only be allowed into the rink 15 minutes prior to their scheduled ice time. The rear entrances (north or south) will be designated on the schedule of which entrance players should utilize for their scheduled ice time.
- Only two locker rooms will be open at the north and south side of the complex, which will be designated by the complex. Both rooms will be restricted to six players only and will be monitored by a volunteer to assure the same six children utilize the locker room and adhere to social distancing guidelines. There will be one restroom that will be available in the event a child needs to use the restroom. The restroom for use will be designated by the complex. The locker rooms are only available when all arena seating is full.
- At this time, adults are not going to be permitted in the building and this includes the hallways and lobby. The only exception will be for the Young Blades and Mite (8U/U8) levels where a parent may need to assist their child with tying their skates. The adult will only be allowed to remain in the designated rink area where they entered with their player if they remain wearing a mask and can remain socially distant from other players and parents. It should be noted that only one parent per child and no siblings will be allowed to enter with the parent and/or participant.
- A COVID waiver and a CPSFC consent and release form must be signed by each player before entering the rink for the first time.
- Arrival to the facility each time, the children, coaches, and parents will need to have their temperature taken. The temperature will be recorded, and screening questions will be asked to ensure that the child or adult is free of any COVID type symptoms. This information must remain on file for 30 days for contact tracing purposes.
- At this time no spectators will be allowed in the facility.
- We will adhere to all state guidelines on public gatherings and understand that those guidelines could change.
- Out of state travel will only be allowed between or involve Vermont-based teams or teams from counties eligible for quarantine-free travel to Vermont, based on the most recent map, published by the Agency of Commerce and Community Development.